Who We Are:
When we refer to ‘Jaguar Land Rover’, ‘JLR’ ‘we’ ‘our’ or ‘us’ in this Privacy Notice, we refer to: Jaguar Land Rover Ltd, whose registered office is at: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF, and whose registered number is: 1672070.
If you want to find out more about the Jaguar Land Rover Group, please view our corporate website at https://www.jaguarlandrover.com/.
What this Privacy Notice covers:
This Privacy Notice explains how we use personal data in connection with Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx (Technical Online Production Exchange). TOPIx is a technical and diagnostic resources website owned and maintained by Jaguar Land Rover committed to providing the most reliable technical and diagnostic information available. This Privacy Statement describes the way that this website collects and handles the personal information and informs you of your data protection rights.
The central administration is managed in the United Kingdom by Jaguar Land Rover Ltd.
Jaguar Land Rover respects the privacy of every individual whose personal information is processed as part of this service.
What information we collect:
We ask that you only share with us the personal data that is connected to your diagnostics and repair activity and is strictly necessary to allow for the full investigation of concerns you raise.
Depending on the nature of your use of TOPIx this service captures the following types of personal data:
(i) your name, company, company address, country and e-mail address. We also ask you to nominate a username and password to identify yourself on the website. We ask you to provide minimal personal information on the registration form. Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access any personalized area in a Jaguar Land Rover website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
(ii) payment details if purchasing a subscription. When you send personal information such as credit card numbers or telephone numbers to the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website, we use "Secure Socket Layers" or SSL to protect your data. SSL is encryption technology that helps safeguard your personal information against misuse by unauthorized individuals.
(iii) an online identifier - TOPIx uses two types of cookies; session cookies and persistent cookies:
· Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
· Persistent cookies are stored on a user's device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site to be remembered. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website which helps us provide you with a good experience when you browse our website.
It is essential for cookies to be enabled for TOPIx to function and therefore users can only continue to use TOPIx if they give consent for cookies to be used. If you decide to block cookies, this will prevent you from reaching the home page, logging in to your account, searching for vehicles and viewing documents.
(iv) your IP address - this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web which allows you to access our website.
(v) information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site. The information includes the following:
· The date, time and duration of a visit to our website.
· How many and which pages you visit.
· Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as www.aol.com or your place of work e.g., www.bbc.co.uk)
· The Internet browser you use (e.g., Chrome or Firefox) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 10).
· The site you were on before you linked to this Jaguar Land Rover website (e.g., Yahoo, if you found us using a search engine).
(vi) Our website uses Pixel Tags to optimize the screen layout. They are not used to obtain user specific information. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use 'format sensing' technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
(vii) We track workflow activities stored against the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), which may include a user ID, date, a description of vehicle issues, diagnosis, technical support requests and VIN workflow.
(viii) We collect vehicle health records and diagnostic trouble codes Over the Air (OTA) which are displayed in TOPIx against the VIN.
What happens to your data: The data is used to grant Authorized Repairers and Independent Operators access to TOPIx, and to ensure the users are service technicians or interested visitors looking at diagnostics, repair and maintenance information (RMI) and to return applicable information for the user’s market.
Your data may be shared with our network of retailers, authorised repairers and where relevant our importers network (together our “retail network”), so as to be able to fulfil requests for goods, services, etc, and for assessment, to be able to enhance the quality of the services you obtain when interacting with our Retail Network.
Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or requests, or in order to enforce these terms or to investigate actual or suspected breaches.
Your contact data is used for sending information about the website and related activities such as;
· to fulfil and deliver an order for goods or services such as a service information or diagnostics subscription
· respond to your comments or requests for information or technical support
· to make the user experience more customer friendly
· contact you, if necessary, in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services
· generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services
· to contact you in the event of misuse of the system and breach of Terms & Conditions.
Your session logs are used to;
· Return any outstanding campaigns against a given VIN.
· Structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find.
· Return and filter the appropriate Diagnostic, or Repair and Maintenance Information (RMI) for the vehicle being repaired
· System memory of most recently viewed data
· Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
· Monitor website activity to improve our site and meet user requirements.
· History of Service, Diagnostics and Repair and Maintenance, creating a record against the VIN.
Lawful processing of personal information:
The main uses of your personal data and the legal grounds we rely on are:
· Contract - where our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or contracts that you are a party to, or to take steps that you request before entering a contract. These contracts include agreements in relation to the use of the Website.
· Legal obligation – In the US (United States), we are required to provide a summary of site usage to the US Environmental Protection Agency and Californian Air Resource Board. This is supplied as aggregated anonymized data to satisfy the authorities that our website is available and meets the needs of the Independent Motor Traders.
· Legitimate interests – where there is no legal requirement to provide a confidential reporting process, we do so as part of a series of measures to manage compliance with legal, regulatory or ethical requirements or standards.
Sharing Your Information: The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website does not sell, rent, share or otherwise provide any of your personally identifiable information to anyone other than for site analytics as described above and to process your credit card transaction.
The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website will not disclose your personal information, without notice, unless permitted to do so by law.
Site metrics for the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website may be shared with other Jaguar Land Rover websites or subsidiaries or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
How long is your data kept: We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it to provide this service, to investigate the reports that are made and to maintain appropriate records. We may also maintain data to comply with our legal obligations, respond to queries and resolve any disputes and to meet our legitimate interests. We will also use criteria such as applicable contractual provisions that are in force, legal statutory limitation periods, applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards.
How to Access or Correct Your Information: This website has a page that displays details of your user profile. Once you are logged on you will be able to view and update information held about you in the TOPIx database.
Contacting Us: If you have any questions or comments concerning the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website or have any questions regarding the contents of this website, please contact our Retailer Helpdesk:
Tel: 0800 0280837* or 0845 2301714
(*Dial using UK code if calling from outside UK. Standard ISD charges apply.)
Tel:+44 2035648520 Australia
Tel:4008810170 China Email:email@example.com
How we are regulated: For UK data protection legislation purposes, Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA020510.
Last Updated: [18/07/2023]